Sunday, August 3, 2008

Progress...

Well, in keeping with my on-air commitment, I'm still on track to see all of the shows at this year's Fringe. At present (three days in), I've seen 12. By my reckoning, as long as maintain this rate, I should be able to see everything (with the exception of the Kid's Fringe shows).

Current Top Five (in alphabetical order):
  • Die Roten Puncte
  • Inferno Sonata
  • It's Better to Ride the Dung Beetle...
  • La Mexicaine De Perforation
  • The Sputniks

Note: It's Better to Ride the Dung Beetle is a piece of performance art. It's challenging and ambiguous (much like an instrumental composition or a piece of choreography). I can't say that I "got" the significance of all of the imagery, but it certainly made me think. This being said, I would definitely understand if someone found it perplexing or off-putting.

No comments: