Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fringe Fest Flyer (08/06)

Hey folks!

Sorry for the late update today. I was really pressed to get the show to production on time, which, when coupled with the fact that I had to rush out at exactly 2pm to go to another show, meant that I couldn't do my update until I got home. These 14 hour days are catching up to me, I tells ya!

Enough belly-aching!

On today's show, we talked to Tina Teeninga from The Saddest Girl in the World and Lucy Hutson from It is better to ride the dung beetle than it is to tread on soft carpet, as well as the casts of TELEGRAMS from the New Canadian Cinema and Inflatable Buddha: Bigger than Jesus. Also, the show started with a rant against some Star Phoenix reviews that I found to be particularly egregious, as (in my opinion) they drastically undervalued The Sputniks, Inferno Sonata and The Saddest Girl in the World.

Showtimes for these productions are as follows:

The Saddest Girl in the World
Playing at the Victoria School Attic
Sat Aug 9 - 11:45 am

It is better to ride the dung beetle than it is to tread on soft carpet
Playing at the Victoria School Attic
Fri Aug 8 - 9:15 pm
Sat Aug 9 - 1:30 pm

TELEGRAMS from the New Canadian Cinema
Playing at the Victoria School Attic
Thur Aug 7 - 9:10 pm
Sat Aug 9 - 5:00 pm

Inflatable Buddha - Bigger than Jesus
Playing at Persephone Theatre's Backstage Stage
Thurs Aug 7 - 10:00 pm

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chris! Thanks for featuring Inflatable Buddha on your show, and welcoming us into your lovely office. Also, thanks for pointing out the classical mythology error I made during the show you came to see - maybe I can name our placement in the Persephone theatre as the reason why I said Sisyphus instead of Prometheus, hey?!
Thanks again!
:) Su Buddha