Friday, July 29, 2011

Fringe Fest Flyer (07/29)

Listen online here

In today's program, I spoke with Jon Lachlan Stewart, writer and star of the one-man drama Big Shot. I was particularly impressed by his obvious passion for producing serious theatre within the Fringe format. Given that he was part of the creative team behind last year's Death: Live! (one of my favorites from the 2010 Fringe), I really looking forward to checking out his show. (As an aside, I'm also anticipating that I'll enjoy Twenty Five, which was written by another Death: Live! alumnus.)

I also interviewed the always affable Jayson MacDonald, who is back in Saskatoon with his beloved hit play Giant Invisible Robot. Having seen Jayson's theatrical outings at the last three Fringe festivals, I'm quite interested to see G.I.R., as it was the first piece that he wrote for the Fringe circuit and, based on our interview, it sounds like many of the idiosyncratic stylistic touches that have come to characterize his later plays were first explored in this show. Intriguing!

Giant Invisible Robot (Playing at the Broadway Theatre)
Fri July 29 - 9:10pm
Sun July 31 - 3:50pm
Mon Aug 1 - 6:40pm
Wed Aug 3 - 3:30pm
Fri Aug 5 - 5:20pm
Sat Aug 6 - 10pm


Big Shot
(Playing at the Victoria School Upstairs Auditorium)
Fri July 29 - 4:50pm
Sat July 30 - 8:10pm
Sun July 31 - 4pm
Mon Aug 1 - 8:10pm
Tues Aug 2 - 10pm
Sat Aug 6 - 10pm

No comments: